Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So Thankful

I spent tonight with my 3-year-old son, Noah, at the Texas Rangers' game. I cannot even describe to you how thankful I am for those 5 hours. We had a great time. Baseball is my favorite sport. Love to watch it, terrible playing it. The Rangers annoy the crud out of me because they're the only team in baseball never to have won a playoff series. It's nerve-wracking. However, they're playing great right now and I got a free voucher for tickets tonight. Noah and I had a great time. He loved watching the "blue team" (Rangers) against the "grey team" (Mariners). "The blue team sets off fireworks, Daddy" mentioned every time the Rangers hit a homerun (3 times tonight). Noah got a "King Lizard" (Ian Kinsler) baseball and a Rangers' Mr. Potato Head. He was ecstatic...and so was I for totally different reasons. I had a blast taking my little guy to enjoy America's Favorite Pastime. Hope we can do it again really soon!

No comments: