Sunday, October 31, 2010

A New Step..

Friends,
I realize it's been over a year since I've posted here. For that, I apologize. Expect more in the coming days and weeks.

Let me give you a brief summary of the past 13 months. One of my last posts was about my mission campaign to Bangkok, Thailand. While in Thailand, I felt a distinct call from the Lord to complete my ministry as a pastor in Kemp. After spending a solid month in prayer specifically about this, I tendered my resignation effective January 31, 2010. I did not sense the Lord calling me to another church so I finished in Kemp and began working at a large security company in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

In the late Spring, a former colleague approached me about coming on staff with a non-profit missions organization called NEXT Worldwide (www.NEXTworldwide.org). NEXT develops church planting campaigns all over the world. They develop a long-term relationship with an existing church and help them to plant new congregations. You can find out more about NEXT at their website. As well, I will be posting a letter that more specifically outlines their work.

I went to Costa Rica with NEXT in mid-July. I was able to experience firsthand how the organization works. It was a great experience! Initially, I fell in love with what NEXT does but did not see myself engaging a staff position with them. After the Costa Rica campaign, I sensed the Lord asking me to pursue this opportunity further. A few weeks ago, I completed the interview process with NEXT and was offered a staff position there. I accepted and will begin the process of transition onto their staff.

I will be posting more in the next few days about NEXT and my role there. Also, I will be posting how you can become a part of our Ministry Partnership Team. This will be an opportunity for you to support the mission of NEXT. I covet your prayers as we begin this process. It is so exciting and frightening at the same time. God is faithful and I'm excited to see what's in store!

grace and peace,
Stan

No comments: