Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lessons in Leadership




Those of you who know me well know that I possess an affinity for leadership studies and styles. Something about them has always fascinated me. My "book stack" has produced Nancy Ortberg's " The Power of Rubber Bands..."

I must say I am impressed with Ortberg's presentation. Her information is nothing terribly profound but she makes up for it in structure and style. She has challenged my leadership paradigm and confirmed some decisions I knew were lurking around the next bend. She has also laid to rest some of my internal struggles. I have feared stepping out into some difficult decisions. However, Ortberg's challenge is to seize the moment and lead confidently. Needless to say, my courage is still growing but is not anywhere need where I feel it should be.

Overall, I submit this book for your consideration. I believe any leader will benefit from her style and experience.

No comments: